Friday, November 6, 2009

The week that was...

During an interview yesterday, the person said and I quote..."My personality does not mesh with the bottom line." She had gained some clarity about herself to the extent that her work in non-profit and for profit reached some clarity. I certainly resonated with this perspective.

The bottom line does not mesh with my personality either. I see myself as a hybrid between needing tangible results and intangible outcomes. I was frustrated with my life in ministry and am now frustrated with my for profit sales goal. Perhaps somewhere in between will be the next gig.

This week I noticed that I was fairly sad. My closest friend is my boss and we are breaking work ties, which is loss for both of us. I think we both set out with some ideas of how this would go and it certainly met those expectations, but it was not for as long as we thought it could be. Not to mention the place I work is full of terrific people full of energy and have been a part of my healing process since leaving the ministry.


No comments:

Post a Comment