Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Thoughts on Detachment

I have been thinking through this idea of detachment a great deal. As I have gone through the exploration process, I realized that these meetings were very productive because I was like a journalist or a third party observer looking for an exciting story to report back on. This process provided clarity or as Seth Godin discussess, I found truth.


As I moved into part 2 of this process, I realized that I lost sight of the truth in that I was no longer a third party investigator, but someone looking to receive. I became attached to an opportunity or a job. This pulled me down into the weeds. There have been various moments of lost perspective.

I love what Seth Godin shares, Page 175 of Linchpin referring to Prajna " A life without attachment and stress can give you the freedom to see things as they are and call them as you see them" He goes so far to share that trying to change what we cannot change is really not our job.


2 Signs of Attachment
* If we are trying to control what others think of us. We expend tons of energy here.
* If bad news changes your emotional state, then you are attached. Godin suggests saying "Isn't that interesting." Move on

No comments:

Post a Comment