Monday, October 26, 2009

A Cause Not A Job

I have to keep reminding myself that this is a journey for a cause not a job. It seems the minute I begin to think of this as a job search I get discouraged and down. I do feel that this is a search for an opportunity to have my personal cause to intersect with an opportunity to make a living for myself and my family.

I think there are some things about my own story, which could become a cause:
* When I was 7 years old, I was the person in my house who asked my parents if we could help a family in need for Christmas.
* When I was 5 years old, my dad indicated that I was always wanting to share a cracker or snack with him.
* Growing up I was the neighborhood leader. Initiating fun activities and calling my friends over to play an exciting game of hot box.
* In college, I was the person who gathered students together for a Bible study because I felt like it was important.
* I remember very much enjoying 1:1 conversations helping my classmates get unstuck in their lives.

Random thoughts after a tough Monday...

No comments:

Post a Comment