Wednesday, October 28, 2009

The Great Question

I received some great coaching last night. I was asked a few challenging questions to ponder. The first being if there is a financial goal does that mean the cause is not genuine. The initial answer is that non-profit organizations and for profit organizations must generate revenue to maintain and grow.

I think the question causes me to wrestle a bit and wonder why I am in need of a transition. The answer for me is that what I do or the method in which I am helping people is not enough. Typically, the method in which I am helping people is through consulting. "I would recommend you select this plan." The reality is that this is what customers are coming to me to do. Provide me a few options, ask some delving questions to see what their needs are and provide a solution. Typically, this happens during the course of one or two meetings.

I recall stating early on that something was missing in my sales role. The need to go deeper with people's lives and help them make a decision or get unstuck through a counseling / mentoring type role. 

The next step is to find the genuine cause for me, which allows me to pour the methods in which I like to work into that profit or non-profit organization. I cannot wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment